- sewing takes up a lot of space--you have to have room to lay out the fabric and cut it. I don't have room.
- sewing is dangerous--while I was doing this project, I suffered no less than 3 pin sticks and a burn from my iron. In fact, of all the times I've burned myself with the iron, it was while I was working on a sewing project. Also, when I first started sewing, about 15 years ago, I actually sewed through my finger with the sewing machine. It was quite painful.
- sewing requires a certain amout of precision--and that requires concentration. I just can't concentrate the way I need to.
- sewing makes me mean--man, was I shouting at my kids! I am such a bad mommy when I sew.
- sewing takes up too much time--since I don't have a dedicated room for sewing, I have to drag out all the stuff for the project and do my best to finish the project so I can put all the stuff away. This last time, I started at 9 am and by 5 pm, I was still in my pajamas, I hadn't fed my children, the sink was full of dirty dishes, the laundry was in a huge unfolded and wrinkly pile on the bed, and I was still NOT FINISHED with my project. What about dinner? Yeah, right.
Knitting is a much better