Sunday, July 22, 2007

Making up for Lost Time

Friday was a crazy day. We had a playdate and a friend's house and by the time I'd gathered everyone up and headed home (at 9:30 pm) I was so strung out that I forgot the knitting project I was working on--the second Jaywalker for my MIL. It's not like I don't have any other knitting to do, so it's not a big deal. I was able to work on this:
It was going to be a Jaywalker for my FIL, but you remember how unfortunate that was turning out to be. Now, it's going to be my very first toe-up sock. Let me tell you, I am really enjoying it. Knitting toe-up may become my preferred method of sock knitting. Doesn't it look so much better?

In other news, my Yarn Pirate club shipment arrived on Thursday. Unlike some other websites (damn you Boing Boing!) I don't want to spoil it for other people, so here is the booty if you want to check it out. The yarn is stunning. It literally took my breath away. I can't wait to knit with it.

Finally, my technophobic friend has finally joined the 21st century by starting a blog. Head on over there and leave her a comment welcoming her to the blogosphere.