Saturday, August 11, 2007

Summer Fun

Last Sunday, we went to Lake Compounce. It was miserably hot that day, and dreadfully crowded (a surge of humanity). Mostly I stayed with my sister and one or both of the kids on the beach by the lake while my DH and her BF went on roller coaster rides (I'm just not a roller coaster person). I tried to knit. Here are my SIPs watching the children fight over who gets to own the patch of dirt we were sitting on build sand "castles".

Here is the water slide we were sitting under. Isn't the sky a beautiful shade a blue?

Afterward, we were all hot and dirty but decided to go out for pizza anyway. I tried my hand at Kinnearing my sister and her boyfriend. How come it looks like I said, "pretend I'm not taking a picture"? I totally didn't.

Finally, here are my SIPs today. I'll be turning the heels. How about a haiku?

knitting socks toe-up
goes faster if you can do
two at the same time