Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Toe-up Tigers Are Done!


DSC00342.JPG
Originally uploaded by rhymer573
The Toe-Up Tigers Are Done!

I finished them late last night while watching a movie on the TV machine. These were my first ever toe-up socks and the first pair I knitted simultaneously. I really enjoyed this method--no second sock syndrome! Instead of making two separate balls of yarn, I just pulled the yarn from the inside for one sock and the outside for the other. Once I got the hang of keeping the strands separate, it all went smoothly.

Stitch pattern: 5x1 rib
Yarn: Opal Rainforest
Colorway: Tiger (can't you tell?)
Needles: 2 mm

Even thought I have some really amazing sock yarn in my stash I think I'm going to take a break from knitting only socks for now. I'm not sure what to cast on next, however. Either this or this. Or maybe this.

Oh, that reminds me. Isaac, who back in February decided he'd wanted to be a bat for Halloween, told me yesterday that he'd changed his mind and now wants to be a dragon. Luckily, he has a dragon costume already. Also, if he is going to change is mind every 5 minutes, he's going to have to settle for something NOT knitted (hah).