Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sock Progress

OK, I know I said I would take a break from sock knitting, but I am seriously weak. I mean, it's SOCKS. How can you take a break from knitting socks? Especially when there is Yarn Pirate Booty Club yarn in your stash!
I cast this sock on, specifically to be my traveling sock. Let me tell you, the going is slow when you are only knitting a project while you're out somewhere. It's good, though. The pattern is simple and the yarn is beautiful. It's almost like seeing an old friend when I take it out (even thought I've only been working on it for a week or so).

Speaking of sock knitting, check out these kick-ass shoes I got for fall.

I think they will show of my hand knits perfectly. Granted, I only have one pair of hand knit socks, but I'm working on more. I'm not normally a shoe person, but seriously? Could you resist?