Tuesday, November 13, 2007

As Promised...

...some knitting content. Yes, in spite of being completely preoccupied with NaNoWriMo, I have gotten some actual knitting done.

First, the Charade socks I've been working on.

I was doing them in the traditional manner--one sock, cuff down--and got all the way to the toe shaping, which I proceeded to f*ck up royally. Since I had also screwed up made a teensy mistake at the top of the gusset, I decided to frog back to the gusset rather that just frog the toe. And then I said, screw this, I'm going to knit these 2-at-a-time-toe-up style. So here we are--heel turned and heading up the leg toward the cuff.

Lastly, poor Doozer was prowling around last night, bored out of his mind. Most of the toys we bought him when he first came to use are completely trashed, so I took pity on him and knitted him this mouse.

Unfortunately I didn't have any catnip, so the impact of this toy wasn't as great, but hell, it's better than a poke in the eye nothing. Today, a trip to the pet store...

Cheers!